November 6, 2021 Virtual Fall Workshop – Registration Now Open!
Educating Students Across the Lifespan: Preparation for Life presented by Dr. Cathy Pratt, BCBA-D
The ultimate goal of any educational program should be preparation for life after school. Despite our best efforts, the unemployment rate for our folks on the spectrum remains high. And when students have behavior or mental health challenges, the risks and outcomes are even greater. This workshop will provide practical and immediately useful information that individuals with ASD, parents/caregivers, teachers, SLPs, OTs/OTAs, PTs/PTAs, mental health professionals, and administrators can implement today to help create a brighter future. Join us online November 6, 2021.
Ongoing Virtual Art Show
Aaron Brown dual solo shows at WNEDPBS Horizons, and Atrium 124, virtual galleries.
- WNEDPBS Horizons Gallery show is titled “Aaron Brown’s Buffalo Schools: Postcards from Memory”
- YouTube Preview of Horizons Gallery Show
- Atrium 124 Gallery Show is titled “Aaron Brown: Where I’m From”
Statement by Todd Lesmeister, Teaching Artist
Aaron Brown’s memories are his inspiration; he does not use reference materials. It is as if his eyes have taken a photograph and his mind stores it and relays the information to his hand as he draws. Aaron depicts buildings in pencil, oil pastel, marker, and occasionally, paint. He will often draw the same building multiple times, but he is not marveling on its stylistic beauty or the importance of its architecture. When Aaron draws, he is reminiscing about his childhood, his teenage years, or recalling recent memories of his adult life. His drawings are postcards from his memory.
Upcoming Annual Events
Stay tuned for information on our annual events for 2021:
- Virtual ArtsWork Sale+Auction – November 1-12, 2021
- Semi-Annual Workshop – November 6, 2021 – “Educating Students Across the Lifespan: Preparation for Life” presented by Dr. Cathy Pratt, BSBA-D.
- 10th Annual Run the ‘Burg – June 4, 2022