LITTLE FREE LIBRARY
Autism Services is very excited to have the opportunity
to have a Little Free Library in our community!
The way it works is simple:
- We stock the LFL with a variety of good quality books that we hope will interest our neighbors
- You stop by and take whatever catches your fancy
- You return and bring books to contribute when you can
Little Free Library books are always a gift – never for sale!
Find ours at 127 Wellington Road in Buffalo.
Because of communities like ours, the Little Free Library movement has rapidly grown. Many Libraries have been installed and thousands of books shared around the country as well as around the world.
Little Free Library’s mission is to:
- Promote literacy and the love of reading by building free book exchanges worldwide.
- To build a sense of community as we share skills, creativity and wisdom across generations.
We were honored to receive this “Literacy Friendly Neighborhood” plaque as we continue to play an active and vital role in promoting the movement for building literacy friendly neighborhoods. Follow this link and take the pledge to work together with your neighbors to develop and engage in activities that promote reading in your community.
Check out the LFL story at www.littlefreelibrary.org. Better yet, encourage others to put one up in their area!